Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie popularly known as Patoranking, is a singer, song writer from Nigeria. He was born on the 27th day of May 1990 in Ijegun-Egba Satellite Town. He is a native of Onitcha but he had his scondary education at Citizen Comprehensive College Epe, Lagos where he later enrolled at Jibril Martin Memorial Grammar School in Iponri. He began his musical career as a street jam and carnival dancer.
Patoranking Profile Overview
|Real Name:||Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie|
|Birthday:||27 May 1990|
|Place of Birth:||Ijegun, Lagos|
|Occupation:||Singer, Song writer|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million (N387,503,727)|
As a novice, he began his musical career doing hiden collaboraations with other musician such as Kona, Slam and Reggie, Xproject, and Rockstone. He got signed in 2010 with K-Solo’s Igheraga Records where he released a song titled “Up in the Club”. He later became a member of Dem Mama Record where he was collaboratingx with Timaya on his especially “Alubarica”. Foston Musik record label signed deal with him in February, 2014 where he released “Girlie O” a song that made him rose to the hall of fame.
In a 2012 interview with Entertainment Express, he said that his stage name was given to him by a Jamaican artist whom he met at Alpha Beach in Lagos. Patoranking has cited Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, Lucky Dube, Chaka Demus, Majek Fashek, Blackky, Blackface, Tuface and Marvelous Benjy as his key musical influences. In the aforementioned interview with Entertainment Express, he said he references socio-political issues in his music. He has described his music as a morally inclined variation of dancehall.
In May 2012, Patoranking released a single titled “Iya Bisi” featuring Qdot and Kbaj. The song, which is a fusion of dancehall and Fuji, was produced by Drumphase. Patoranking told Entertainment Express that Qdot and Kbaj helped compose the song by sharing ideas with him.
On 12 September 2013, Patoranking discharged the video and sound for “Alubarika” all the while. The melody actually means “God’s Blessings” and highlights vocals from Timaya. The music video for “Alubarika”, which was shot by AJE Films, ran for 4 minutes and 16 seconds. As indicated by an article posted by Victor Akande of The Nation, Patoranking portrayed the melody as an outline of his life as an artist. He additionally said that the tune opened entryways for him regarding building a fan base and working with built up artists.
Patoranking Net Worth
He is a ambassador for extravagance gems brand Malivelihood and Lagos city long distance race. He likewise marked an arrangement with an obscure organization worth about N17.5million. Patoranking total assets is esteemed at $1million .
Patoranking Awards and Nominations
- MTV Base Awards 2015: Best New Act of the year.
- Tooxlusive Awards 2015: Best Afro Pop Song of the year.
- Ben TV Awards 2015: Best new act of the year, Best collaboration and Best reggae dancehall artist of the year.
- The Headies 2014: Next Rated, Best Collaboration and Best Reggae and dancehall artist of the year.
- City People Entertainment Awards 2014: Dancehall and Reggae Artistof the year.
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2014: Best new Act of the year.
- Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2015: African Artiste of the year.
- Headies 2015: Best pop song and best reggae and dancehall single
- Headies 2014: Best collaboration and best Reggae and dancehall act.
- Channel O music Awards 2014: Most gifted new comer and most gifted dancehall reggae.
- City People Entertainment Awards 2014: Most popular song and best collaboration.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2014: Beat male artist, Best collaboration and best dancehall act.
- Afrimma Awards 2005: Best Dancehall artsist of the year