Professor Godswill Obioma, Registrar of NECO announced the release of the timetable at a press briefing at the Council’s Headquarters in Minna, Niger State. Billboard.africa contend that the National Examinations Council (NECO) on Tuesday released the timetable and guidelines for the conduct of its 2020 examinations for Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination for students in exit class. This is really good news a student has stayed home since March due to the Corona Virus Pandemic.
He explained that the council is exploring the possibility of installing CCTV cameras in all its examination centres and custodian points. The registrar added that NECO examination officials would be made to sign an oath of allegiance as a requirement to participate in their respective roles and responsibilities.
The announcement comes two weeks after the Federal Government released a comprehensive schedule for various national examinations for exit classes including Junior Secondary School (JSS) 3 and Senior Secondary School (SSS) 3. “Student and pupils preparing to sit for our examinations are advised to study very hard and avoid the temptation of wanting to cheat during the examination as the council has zero-tolerance for examination malpractice.
Chukwuemeka Nwajuiba, the Minister of State for Education, who made the announcement on July 29 in Abuja after a series of meetings with chief executives of examination bodies in the country, revealed that NECO examination will start on October 5 and end on November 18.
SCHOOLS AND CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND AUTO MECHANICS PRACTICAL PAPER I; FRENCH, MUSIC AND ARABIC PAPER IV, THE SPECIFIC VENUES FOR THE EXAMINATION SHOULD BE CONFIRMED FROM NECO STATE OFFICES.
- PRACTICAL IN SCIENCES, STENOGRAPHY,COMPUTER STUDIES & DATA PROCESSING CAN BE IN SETS WHERE THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES IS LARGE AND THE EQUIPMENT CANNOT GO ROUND.
- VISUAL ARTS PAPER IV [CREATIVE DESIGN] SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EXAMINATION DATE.
- WELDING & FABRICATION, ENGINEERING CRAFT PRACTICE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION DATE.
- NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (HAUSA, IGBO, YORUBA, EDO, EFIK AND IBIBIO) INCLUDE LITERATURE ASPECT.
- ALBINOS AND BLIND CANDIDATES ARE TO BE ALLOWED 30 EXTRA MINUTES AT THE END OF EACH SUBJECT.
- BLIND CANDIDATES MUST MAKE USE OF THE NECO SUPPLIED OBR CUSTOMISED BRAILLE SHEET FOR THE EXAMINATION.
- DYEING AND BLEACHING 1B, PHOTOGRAPH 1B, PAINTING AND DECORATION 1B, PRINTING CRAFT PRACTICE 1B, LEATHER GOODS MANUFACTURING AND REPAIR 1B, SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION DATE.
- USE OF SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR IS ALLOWED.
- USE OF PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATOR OR ANY PROGRAMMABLE DEVICE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- BRINGING GSM INTO THE EXAMINATION HALL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.