M.I Abaga is the CEO of Chocolate City. M.I Abaga whose real names are Jude Abaga was born in Jos, Plateau State, on the 4th of October 1981 to Mr and Mrs Abaga. He is a Nigerian rapper, a capable record maker, musician, and instrumentalist. Onlookers have compared M.I’s rap style to that of Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and Jay-Z. His organization, Chocolate City, simply marked a stunning arrangement with Warner Music.
M.I Abaga Profile Overview
|Real Name:||Jude Lemfani Abaga|
|Birthday:||4th of October 1981|
|Place of Birth:||Jos, Nigeria|
|Occupation:||Singer, Song writer, Performer|
|Net Worth:||$3.9 Million (N1,511,250,000)|
M.I Abaga whose real names are Jude Abaga was born in Jos, Plateau State, on the 4th of October 1981 to Mr and Mrs Abaga. He hails from the Jukum descent of Takum, Taraba State, Nigeria. He has two younger siblings – Jesse Jagz, who is also a hot cake in the Nigerian music industry, and Jason Abaga. M.I speaks Hausa fluently because he was born and brought up in Jos.
Jude attended Baptist High School, Jos. While he was in Secondary School, his parents noticed his passion for music so, his mother bought him basic music notations to learn more about music. After a while, she also bought him a 7-key mini piano, which he used for personal training.
Growing up, he always listened to Lauryn Hill, Bob Marley, Sarah Maclachlan, Pablo Neruda, Jay-Z, DMX, and Fela Ransom Kuti. He also attended Calvin College, Michigan, USA, where he studied Engineering for only a year before he moved on to major in Business and Economics.
M.I Abaga Career
Career is always very difficult to choose due the the fact that environment also has influence on career and choosing career must suit us and our environment. M.I dug into verse sooner or later, and furthermore did a touch of parody, which didn’t turn out to be well, so he chose to adhere to music. While at Calvin College, he generally performed at the school’s significant hip bounce shows and shows. At one of the shows labeled – HipHopera, M.I performed and came third position. He was at Calvin College from 1999 – 2003.
Mr Jude Abaga began his music vocation in 2003, after his migration to Nigeria. He began by delivering mixtapes with his companion Djinee which prompted the arrival of the hit single Safe. The tune was broadly perceived and played on African radio broadcasts and music video stations like MTV Vibe. M.I collaborated with his sibling – Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince, Ruby, Threadstone, Lindsay, Moses – Elbulk, and E-kelly to shape Loopy Music.
Sooner or later, Chocolate City organization – a famous music name in Nigeria, marked M.I Abaga. On this record, he moved to Abuja from Jos. Additionally, it was his agreement with Chocolate City that propelled him into an effective music profession. As of now, M.I Abaga is a star in his specialty, to the degree that DIV depicted him as the fate of African Hip Hop. M.I is really a musical hit in Nigeria.
M.I Abaga As A Producer
As a producer, M.I has produced and featured on the works of several artists including Don Jazzy, Threadstone – the first rock band in Nigeria, Kel, Djinee, Shifi of Styl Plus, Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince, Ruby, Lindsey, Leony, Wizkid, etc. Although he is the CEO of Chocolate City, he still owns his own production company – Rytchus Era Productions, with his brother Jesse Jagz.
M.I Abaga has helped several upcoming artistes come to limelight, some of these artists are Wizkid, Vypa, Jesse Jagz, Ruby, Pype, Ice Prince, Brymo, and KhaliGraph Jones. Also, with his music, he imprint a Northern presence in the Nigerian music industry. By doing so, he is seen as one who wants to bring Nigeria together through music. Hence, Nigerian hip hop fans describe him as Nigeria’s Hip Hop Messiah.
M.I Abaga Albums
- The Indestructible Choc Boi Nation (with Chocolate City) – 2015
- M.I Abaga Mixtapes And Playlists
- Illegal Music – 2009
- Illegal Music 2 – 2012
- The Finale: Illegal Music 3 – 2016
- Rendezvous – 2018
M.I Abaga Awards
- Lyricist on the Roll at The Headies Awards
- Best Rap Single at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2008
- Musician of the Year at the Mode Men Awards – 2008
- Best New Act at the MTV Africa Music Awards – 2009
- NMVA Award for the Best Use of Special Effects in a video – 2009
- Best Mainstream Hip Hop Video at the NMVA – 2009
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards honoured him as the Best New Act of the Year – 2009
- Best Rap Album at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2009
- Hip Hop Revelation at the Hip Hop World Award – 2009
- Musician of the Year at The Future Awards – 2010
- City People named him as the Musician of the Year – 2010
- Artist of the Year by the National Daily – 2010
- Malaysian African Entertainments Awards honoured M.I as the Musician of the Year – 2010
- Orange Wall of Fame named him as the Most Amiable Brand – 2010
- The Chairman was named as the Best Rap Album at The Headies – 2015
- Best Rap Single at The Headies Award – 2018
- Lyricist on the Roll – The Headies Award – 2018
Net Worth Of M.I Abaga
M.I Agbage is worth $3.9 million. This is a handsome amount that can carter for him and his family to leave a very comfortable life.